View Single Post
      11-24-2018, 05:59 AM   #16
Audun
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-Series 116i

Dackelone. Wow Thank you SO much for that writeup. Amazing points and very good help. Greatly appreciated. I think you hit the nail on the head. It is damn strange the mechanics at the shop have overlooked this.

I will address all this. Sounds like vinegar could be a good friend here.

Is there any specific order of decoupling the red/brown? Same with on.

I thought the whole electrical system would go haywired if you just detach the battery.People have been using an extra battery hooked up to a obd plug to counter this.Or maybe that was something about registration. Clock, radio and registration numbers.
It's a non AGM battery. It has an out gassing tube. The car don't have a start and stop engine function. And I think you're right about the EU thing. No IBS on the brown cable. Adaptive transmission, have no idea, but there was something up with the gears. Felt weak at points to be a 116hp.

Think maybe felt pads and dialectric grease? Would be a good idea.

This is essential information for anyone that owns a car. I've ignorantly NEVER thought about all this stuff. Seems imperative when a car has an electrical system. And especially in cold weather. Come to think of it, as I drove the car home, the climate went from rain to icy cold. Both from where the car stood, to the actual weather changes around these times. And on the first day of driving, it was a "new" way colder temperature than it had been in all year.
Appreciate 0