Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
I see two sets of part numbers for the facelift xenon headlights. One is for adaptive headlights, xenon, and the other is for adaptive headlights, bi-xenon.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=63_1293

I'm guessing the bi-xenons are the correct ones but does anyone know for sure? fitting to a car that already has adaptive lights.

thank you
You're reading the parts catalog incorrectly. The ones that are just "Bi-Xenon" are NOT adaptive. See where it says "For vehicles with Xenon Light" and to the right it says "S522A=Yes?" And then it says "and Adaptive Headlights" and to the right it says "S524A=No." So in that case you would order the non-adaptive xenons.

The lights you want are the first ones, the "AHL-xenons." AHL = adaptive headlight. FYI, all 1ers with xenons in the US (and maybe Canada, too) had AHL. In Europe it was an option, which is why there are two types listed. FWIW, I think the AHL lights are also "bi" xenons (whatever that actually means), but there just has to be a way to differentiate the two in the catalog.

Believe me, I went through this when I did mine - it was a little confusing wading between all the permutations: pre-LCI, post-LCI, halogens, two different types of xenons (!)...