06-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #51
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
Lol omg don't fall for ECS bait.
Guys you don't need any footwell module or wiring harness for LCI halogen cars.. I'ts as simple as tapping in one extra wire to power the LED and pulling out the current running light wire.
As explained many many times, the LCI halogen cars are MISSING that wire that powers the LED running lights, all you need to do is buy a wire, tap it in from another power source nearby (e.g. license plate lights) and plug it into the loom/socket where the wire was missing, then remove the wire that powers the EXISTING running light. When this is done, the LED bar will light up whenever the license plate lights are on (which is always), and brake lights will work sufficiently. The inner brake light will not light up, the outer brake light will light up, the 3rd brake light will light up and it's far enough for people to tell you're braking.
Before anyone asks - NO it will not throw an error on the dash, NO you do not need coding, NO you do not need a new footwell module. I am speaking from personal experience, this is EXACTLY what I did and it worked fine.
Yea another member here told me that for LCI cars, we have the most recent footwell module so no need for that. What kind of wire is it exactly that we need to get and where can we get it? What I did was take one wire on the outer light and transferred it to the LED power source. Don't have the outer light but all else works. One thing though is the LEDs are not as bright as I expected them when running them in daylight. I don't know if we can do anything with that...
Appreciate 0