View Single Post
      11-16-2018, 07:08 PM   #45
duder13
Captain
Rep
Drives: Cashmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
You shouldn't care what collectors or "enthusiasts" think. Buy one and drive the shit out of it...that's what they're made for. $60k is still cheaper than a new M4 and the 1M is waaaaaay more fun to drive and own.

I actually feel sorry for people who buy cars and never drive them...the ones with super low miles I feel like they've never even enjoyed the car....would suck to value condition over living in the moment. A product of "thinking too much" IMO.
Agreed. I strap snowboards to my sports cars and drive through snow up mountains, I wear mechanical sport watches like they were intended, etc.

I certainly would have bought a 1M when new, but on the used market, a 135i with some added mods was too hard to pass up, cost-wise, and, like you said, I don't care what enthusiasts think about future value or it not being an actual M car. If anything, it makes it fun at the track as a sleeper. My friend with an E92 M3 doesn't understand why he can't catch me in my relatively plebeian looking little BMW.

Obviously, though, if someone was just giving me the car, I'd choose the 1M all day. I'm just not interested in paying collector prices on a used car, since I'm no collector.

As far as the M2 goes, several guys in my local BMW have them, but I'm just not interested. Both BMW and Porsche top out for me around 2012, in terms of feel and design.
Appreciate 0