View Single Post
      06-28-2019, 05:16 PM   #10
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by $iriu$black View Post
Hey rowsdower, do you have square 17x9 et 35s Advanti's? What do you think about how they handle in the track? Any good? Could be a good alternative to Apex (which are 18s). Thanks and too bad you're selling yours but I get it, the 128i is quite limited when it comes to track mods, although having 10 HPDEs under your belt, it might have been competitive for you I assume.
The car is excellent on track. I LOVE the way this thing handles, really it is excellent with stock and aftermarket wheels. The lighter weight Advantis make a slight difference under acceleration. I am selling the car because it's frankly too nice to beat on and it's too expensive to fix. I try not to abuse it, but any time you track a car you're asking a lot of it. Things break no matter what car you're driving and the cost of parts is too high compared to a Miata. The PCV valve failure requiring an entire valve cover at $420 vs the $25 Miata PCV was the straw that broke the camel's back, for me. The phrase "superior German engineering" has become a joke in my household.

The wheels are 17x9 ET45 - (check here). I can't comment on the quality vs Apex, as I've never owned Apex wheels. They are probably both good brands. FYI EC-7s are 18" and up, but ARC-8s have 17" options that fit our cars.
Appreciate 0