View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #17
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
Remember these 1 series in a way are the last of a dying breed they don't come with electric steering or auto start/stop.
Yes. Exactly why I ordered a 2013. Even if the new 2 is as good a performer as the euro M135i and a looker, it will still have several items that aren't desirable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMike View Post
I would buy a IS if you can swing it. Or wait until the 2 series comes out and see what they look like. I would buy another 135 in a heart beat but Id love to have a 1M, so IF I ever get another 1 series it will be the M
Same here. Gonna love my 135, but I'll always have my eye on the 1M, just like I always had my eye on the E46 M when I had my ZHP.

I had an R53 Cooper S. While the R56, and the roadster you mention, go a LONG way towards the "refinement" of a BMW, it's still a purposely DIFFERENT experience. Not worse or better, but different experience for different market, though somehow they get away with similar pricing.

I was (and am) a bonafide MINI enthusiast, and I've always said this: you don't buy a MINI because it's the best in its segment or because you get the most for your $; you buy a MINI because you WANT a MINI. Same goes for BMW in a sense, but it seems we of the MINI ilk pay more for less!

So, to the OP's question - I can't imagine you'd get out of your 135i and find the Cooper S Roadster to be a suitable replacement, but I've never driven it, so I don't truly know.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0