TAZ007
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40

Garage List
2021 Z4 M40  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
This is great advice. We did 2 lease transfers of i3 REX (1 year each) to see how it would fit our needs. After 2 years, we ordered an i3s BEV since we did not use the gas engine enough to justify carrying it around all the time. Additionally, the range increased quite a bit on our 2019 i3s.

The EV market is changing so quickly now; I'd be worried about getting something now only to see something that fits you much better in a year or two.

My advice would be to do a lease transfer for an EV and try it out for a year - if you like it, chances are that you'll have a better sense of what will work best for you in the long run.

We'll need another vehicle in 6-9 months. My plan is to wait and buy one (possibly an EV) towards the end of this year or early next year.

Note: VW is reworking the iD4 based on the initial (strong negative) feedback. This is yet another reason to wait - it will take some time for manufacturers to figure out how to address issues that come up in the first few years of production.
Thanks. A lease may work for some but unsure on the prices over the next few years with the lithium shortage being touted. That may just price EVs out of the market.
Appreciate 0