12-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #16
Pablito1702
Pablo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
You and I are pretty much running the same suspension now! The contact issue shouldn't be rubbing with a 225 up front. Check the plastic joint between the bumper and the front quarter and see if there's wear. To be safe, you may want to remove the screw and the clip to eliminate metal to rubber contact.

Also, how'd you set your torques? Just got the Bentley manual for 3 series for xmas! So I'm welcoming questions. Suspension torques in the book are higher than I set them, so beware.
I created a separate post inquiring about torque specs and 1 fastbmw came through with a response based on the Bentley manual. My installer set it according to his experience and since he is very competent I am assuming they were set appropriately. He also checked things out a week after he install and nothing was loose.

I will look at out what you're referring to at the bumper seam, but the sound that I am hearing is a defined metallic "clank" when I hit a sharp bump (typically drainge V-gutter) when the wheel is turned and the suspension compresses suddenly.

Your recommendations regarding Dinan suspension were spot on. I am driving presently on Dinan pre-set koni settings, which seem to be good except for the worst condition roads. I may experiement with softening up the fronts shocks since the M3 strut brace has made that operation very easy.
Appreciate 0