View Single Post
      06-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #46
SchwarzerReiter
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i

I dont understand why everyone is complaining and making posts like "i buy a BMW to drive it myself". Here's why:

1. Not everyone is like you. Lots of people buy BMWs, from old businessmen, to soccermoms, to car enthusiasts. That's why BMW offers a multitude of cars with different specs and engines.

2. I have a 4 series and i love to drive it on twisty roads. Sometimes though i am stuck in traffic, sometimes i just want to do the shopping, sometimes i am angry as hell and incapable of driving properly.
Sometimes when i'm done with a night shift i have to drive home after being awake all night and that is when EVERYONE else is driving to work. I cant tell you how many times i almost fell asleep on the wheel while stuck in traffic after work.

3. Highways, need i say more? I'd rather be watching a movie in my car if i can, instead of driving at a straight line.

4. Getting home while drunk, injured, tending to your kids or pregnant wife whose water just broke or another injured person, becoming unconscious (where the car could theoretically either stop or drive you to a hospital without the need of an ambulance).

5. BMW is in the same ballpark as Mercedes and Audi, not Ferrari. Ferrari can say whatever they want because they ACTUALLY make purist supercars and because they're goddamn Ferrari. But if Mercedes is offering you a self driving car that brews your morning coffee and walks your dog for you, then BMW has to offer that too.

6. All these gadgets might decrease insurance costs if they become the norm and most people use them during their daily drives. It will also save lives. You can still turn them off and drive down a mountain road, nobody is taking that away from you, so please stop pretending that you only drive your BMW at 10/10 and only for fun.

Last edited by SchwarzerReiter; 06-26-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Appreciate 2
jmg18709.50
clee1982797.50