View Single Post
      06-25-2020, 08:29 AM   #34
rommeeeezy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F97 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
OP - you didn't really get into why you think the F80 is less than an ideal daily that you would benefit from an SUV or sports car + daily. What do you need to haul, what comforts do you care about, etc?

For our cares, the F80 and X3M are all we really need. We kept the Pilot around only because we haul messy stuff from Home Depot or the nursery from time to time and it's less headache to do so in a car we aren't trying to keep a bit more pristine. Plus, we can take it to the snow without having to worry about getting salt on the X3M or a set of winters. Both of these could be done in it, but it's less effort to just hang on to the old Pilot.

You could almost say that the M3/X3M are the daily and the Pilot is the special occasion car

But if you need to haul serious stuff you'd be better served by a pickup. If you want a plush ride for a daily, you wouldn't want the X3M.

Mainly getting a new daily / split of suv and sports car since we just recently adopted a dog in the last few months and it's been challenging to try to baby the M3 with him (long trips, getting him inside a crate in the backseat, him being a little tense and pawing at some of the leather trim, etc).

Figured it could be best to just have an SUV where I can have a nearly permanent dog crate in there at all times. And still carry 4-5 people comfortably.

The M3 is also a little harsh on the ride. I'm actually fine with it, as I've driven on some type of performance / sport suspension my whole life, but my wife isn't a fan at all.
Appreciate 0