02-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #157
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandinca View Post
Thanks, all this is very useful information for me to make a properly informed decision. It looks like we have all the same ride height characteristics so I can swap my set up to one similar to yours and hopefully stiffen up the ride while eliminating the rubbing, which is exactly what I want to do !
Last question, then I'm done.
Did you need to use the camber plates or did you just do it anyway ?
I currently have -1.6 and -1.7 deg negative camber up front. For that, I needed the plates.
I think it's a bit too much for DD / street use.
At 21k miles, front tire inner shoulders are worn to the cords, but I'm not to the wear bars yet on the tread.
So, after getting new front tires on Saturday, I'm going to have it backed off to -1.2 or -1.3 degrees.
I'm not an expert, but I don't believe that camber plates are required for that level of negative camber, though you'll probably need to remove the camber pins. From what I understand, using the Dinan plates to get that level of negative camber puts me in the middle of the adjustment range. Without, you'd be at the far end of available camber.
But you'll want to do some more reading to make sure I'm not blowing smoke (or remembering it wrong.)

I do note that people say they add about a 1/4 inch of height to the front end. So I wouldn't mount the Swift's without 'em. Even with, I wouldn't mind a little more clearance up front.
Appreciate 0