View Single Post
      06-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
YearONE1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

EFX Customer Service...or lack there of.

Approximately two weeks ago, I ordered a set of EFX LED upgrades for my car. When I received them, I got the incorrect bulbs, a set for the E87 which is no-where near the H8 bulb required on my E82, which the ad stated was for "BMW H8 LED ANGEL EYE 2008 2009 2DR COUPE E82 128I 135I".

I contacted EFX and they said send them back. They would not pay for the shipping back, and they stated they would not doing anything until they get their original product back.

I sent the 'wrong' product back to them on wednesday of last week, with an expected delivery time of Saturday or Monday (today) and was told I would be contacted when they arrived back at EFX. I called to check status today, spoke to a female on the phone, who simply stated "they must be in the PO BOX right now" and that she would contact me when she went and got them. I can only guess when that will be.

I then kindly asked her, since EFX is running a $20 off sale right now, and I still have NOT received my order, and have not even had a correct order shipped to me, can I price match the sale. She quickly stated "I have to talk to my supervisor." I heard her then ask a subject in the background if my sale could get price matched, without even an explanation of the struggle I have already gone through. The subject stated I could not, and she relayed that information to me without any sort of simpathy for the situation I am in, which was caused by them in the first place.

Here is my conversation so far through eBay messages, these are direct copy and paste quotes:

Me- Hello. The angel eyes I recieved are not for the BMW 135i, and are not H8 replacements. They are much bigger, and come no where near fitting the H8 stock size. Now I am left without Angel Eyes in my car, as I already discarded the stock bulbs. How can this be fixed? Can you overnite me the correct bulbs and I will send these back? Please let me know ASAP.

My 2nd email- After much consideration and the headache this is causing me, I would like a refund. I didn't even get the right part, and asfter seeking help on the web forums, I have found nothing but more problems from other people having issues with this product. Please give me an address where I can send these back.

EFX-This is a real simple exchange it's not a big deal. We sent you the model for the earlier years E82. The newer ones use the H8, again it's nothing to get a headache over just put the item in the mail with a note and we simply exchange it no big deal. We have sold over 20,000 of these and have beyond a loyal fan base in the BMW community. If you want a refund it will be minus our shipping expense and subject to a 20% restocking fee.

Me- k. Well, now I have to pay to have these shipped back, and
wait for you guys to get them, and then wait again for the new
lights to get shipped out. I just feel like I'm getting the raw
end of the deal here.

EFX- I apologize for the inconvenience, but our return policy states that I cannot send out any item without receiving the return or defective item first. If you have any addtional questions or would like to speak to one of our customer service representatives, please feel free to give us a call at 219-764-3886.

Me- Ok, they are in the mail back to you at the PO Box return address. It cost me $8.45 to ship back. PLEASE, when you get these, can u overnite the new ones back to me. I leave on a cross-country roadtrip on Wednesday the 1st, and I must have my daytime running lights back for this trip. If you guys can manage this, I will be sure to leave positive feed back. Thanks!

EFX-Thank you . Once we receive you return, we will contact you. Thanks.

Notice NONE of the questions regarding the express shipping or even the return address got answered?

I cannot STAND a company that hides behind their return policy even though THEY made the mistake. The only mistake I made here, was sending them my money. EFX has shown ZERO effort to correct their mistake and make a customer happy. I am very unhappy.

Well, I am still waiting to be "contacted" and will update this when I do.

USA '1' #4126 | BSM | Premium Pkg | Sport Pkg | Paddles | Coral Boston Leather | Poplar | Shadow Grille | Shadow Emblem | Breyton GTS-Rs | PDX-5 | GP Thunder 8500k | Eibach Pro-Kit | CF Spoiler
Appreciate 0