View Single Post
      06-02-2010, 08:25 AM   #89
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
The boss need to shut up! Whatever damage control Christian Horner done yesterday was wiped away and a new finger pointing game had just begun.

How the hell can the team unite together when the boss kept pointing fingers and putting blame on someone! geez!

http://formula-1.suite101.com/articl...he-istanbul-gp

Quote:
Red Bull motorsport consultant Dr. Helmut Marko, who appeared on an Austrian TV show Monday night, criticized the crash sharply: "Both drivers reacted badly. This is an accident that normally happens to rookies." In his opinion, Webber defended his position too aggressively and should have given in. Vettel was faster and it was inevitable that he would overtake Webber. “They were fighting as if the championship was at stake.” He continued to explain that there was also clear misconduct of Webber’s race engineer, who failed to deliver a vital message to the Australian driver. Had Webber known that he was not quick enough to keep both Vettel and Hamilton behind him, that he should have nursed his car and not fight against his team mate, he probably would have reacted differently. Why this message was never delivered to the pilot is unclear, and Marko stated that there will be further investigations and possibly some overruling of the race engineer.

Team-Orders Are Not in the Interest Of Red Bull
"We will now try to restore the team spirit. The two drivers don’t have to have dinner together, but they must cooperate and it must be very clear - Hello, this is a team.” said Marko. The racing team, however, still won’t pick a favorite pilot in the fight for the world championship. "It would probably be easier, but that is not the intention of Red Bull." He made it very clear: “There is no number one. Our goal is to win the world championship. The faster driver should win. But above any individual interest must be the overall interest, and that is the success of the team."

Webber Looks Back on the Turkish Grand Prix
After the dust settled, Mark Webber shared his point of view on the website of the Australian “Daily Telegraph”, stating that “Vettel had a bit of a top-speed advantage. We were fighting for the lead, so I stayed tight to ensure he'd be on the dirty side of the track as we approached the braking area. I was holding my line and he came across on me.” Up until then, Webber said, the race had been great for him. “Seb and I will sit down and have a chat about it because we need to avoid costly slip-ups like this in the future. We'll probably have a difference of opinion about what happened on Sunday until we go to our graves, but we're both adults and we need to find a way of racing together that doesn't compromise the team.”