10-10-2018, 09:47 PM   #24
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by One28i View Post
i reached out to bimmer world, said 3 to 6 months wait for the B8 fronts, offered me koi adjustable, which I declined. what other alternatives to we have???
Bilstein and Koni are the two main 3rd party damper producers as standalone product. There are less popular kits you can probably find out there, just know that there will be less feedback / use cases.

A coilover kit is the next thing up...you can get non-damping adjustable coilover kits for a couple of hundred more than you'd spend on shocks + springs. H&R makes one, don't know which dampers they use. Tein might make one, KW of course etc etc. Even some other lower end brands like:

https://x-ph.com/vogtland-sport-susp...t-for-bmw-e8x/

Vogtland I think is owned by KW if I'm not mistaken? I used them on an older A4, seemed ok for the price, but blew one of the rears within a year You generally get what you pay for I guess.

On a last note - the warranty team at Bilstein just replied to me and states they show January as an ETA for the front B8 shocks, that's their local inventory but not what distributors would get specifically...so yea it might be a month or two past that....sucks

EDIT: Oh yea, ST makes decent stuff for not too much money!
Appreciate 0