12-11-2018, 03:34 AM   #10
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Oh my goodness. Pad swaps are SO EASY! Pop guide pins out, pull pads out, push pads in, pop guide pins in. Done. Maybe some greasing and cleaning in the middle, but that's the idea. No unbolting calipers, no replacing slider pins, etc.

I've got stock 128i rear brakes, the brake balance doesn't feel wonky, and the stopping power is phenomenal (far greater than the tires can support right now).

All the stock front brakes really need are some good pads, rotors, and fluid. That made the single biggest difference for me (combined with the nanny coding). I could finally haul myself down at the end of a long straight with total confidence. I believe that the 130i/330i had aluminum calipers vs our iron ones, as well as larger rotors, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
I know you do not need anything in the rear, but you can install the caliper from the E9x 325i (328i for USA). They are bolt on, same size but the piston is 2mm larger. It is the same one you get when ordering the Performance brakes front and rear.

The 130i/330i carriers are heavy bastards, i think they are iron not aluminum. Stock calipers and good pads/fluids with bigger 130i/330i made a huge difference in stopping power, maybe the F30 front calipers will be swapped in the future, unsure, i have seen race cars running stock calipers and bigger front discs without issues. The calipers on the 130i and 125i are the same, just the carriers and discs, up to the E9x 320i. E9x 325 and 330i have different calipers.
Appreciate 1