03-28-2018, 01:46 PM   #494
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleskovar View Post
I wouldn't worry if I were you. There's been no 128i water pump failures reported in this thread. Doesn't mean there's been no failures but suggests a definite trend. I traded in my 128i with the original pump at 75K miles.
Sorry for double thread, i posted before i read down the page, but this is good to know. I can go ahead for a complete fluid/oil flush and not worry then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleskovar View Post
I wouldn't worry if I were you. There's been no 128i water pump failures reported in this thread. Doesn't mean there's been no failures but suggests a definite trend. I traded in my 128i with the original pump at 75K miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 519.E82 View Post
I have a 2008 128i, not sure of the production date as i bought used, but i believe i had to replace the original at 140k km (89k Milkes), and it cost about $1400 CAD (1.1k US)

Mine decided to go on a hill on my way to school. thankfully about 10 minutes or less away from my dealership. Although thanks to the forums here i immediately new what it was, and tried to drive there. Could only go in intervals of about half a mile then would overheat. My solution was to keep dumping my water into the coolant reservoir to make it there and sit on the side of the road for 5 - 10 minutes. Took me almost an hour to get there but we made it without a tow truck.

Seems to be a lot worse for some than others when it goes.
Damn! XD
Appreciate 0