09-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #207
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Those wheels look awesome on the Cayenne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Holy shiz man that looks great!

Unrelated - I'm not sure which one of your build threads to keep up with
Thanks fellas. Absolutely adore my current combo of vehicles at the moment. Daily driving the 1er and using the 958 to take on weekend adventures and dinner dates is working out perfectly thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedubdub View Post
do you know the power limits of the 335is/550i clutch? is it able to hold 450whp or does it start to slip closer to the 400 whp range?
According to a few people at VTT, they've ran the 335is/550i clutch for considerable periods of time just below the 600HP/TQ mark without any issues. Considering I am targeting lower numbers than that, only do highway pulls, and don't do hard launches, I think it will be work perfectly for what I'm going for.

If wanted anything more than a somewhat reliable 525-550HP, I'd probably be forced into the SMFW + a beefier clutch combo (and all that comes with it with noise and engagement). The more and more research I do on the Spec Stage 3+ option, the more it seems the quality is hit or miss, and the last thing I want to after installing all of this hardware is to have to go back in and repair something due to quality control issues from a manufacturer.
Appreciate 2
Rundskop148.00
Bimmer TV125.00