05-31-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Based on my experience modding a 335 and a 135 I have found this:

Street Driving and not in any order

- Matched shocks / springs or coil overs - biggest bang for the buck. Now some serious time and research went into your stock suspension. Don't go with some half-assed makeshift combo like HR springs and PS shocks. There is so much more to suspension then that. Get a professionally matched set up or a good set of coil overs.

- Camber Plates, really improve handling and will let you fit bigger rubber up front. Worth every penny.

- Proper size sway bar links. Do this before you buy aftermarket sway bars

- Aftermarket sway bar bushings. A good alternative to new sway bars (I'm not a fan of huge sway bars)

- M3 Tensioner/Wishbone. Increase camber but most importantly really improve steering feel. No more steering slop.

- Rear Subframe bushings. On the street not a big deal. On the track or Auto-X sloppy bushings are the cause of more spin outs then people realize. Top notch Coil Overs are wasted without them.

- Sway bars - too hyped. There is a distinct difference between real mechanical grip and less sway. Only AFTER you have dialed in the rest of your suspension should you experiment with this.

- Rear M3 bits. Less deflection, but not worth it unless you are really going high end everywhere else.

- LSD. By far my favorite mod.
Appreciate 3