08-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
Im not sure if its my injector that's failing or my hpfp, Im getting codes 29CD - Combustion misfires, cylinder 1, 2AAF Fuel pump, plausibility and 2E18 - Firing Cylinder 1. its on limp mode now. Can i switch the injector 1 and 2 to see if im getting cylinder 2 misfire to determine if in fact it is the injector thats the issue? and can i do that without replacing the rings and decompressor rings simply to diagnose? or can i casue damage this way?

My original issue was after hard acceleration especially on the highway the car was choking / shaking. I have replaced the coils and spark plugs , which seemed to fix the issue for a month. few days ago i accelerated hard again and it went into limp mode and i am getting the codes above.

Beforfe the limp mode I also got a code 29D9 Misfire at low tank fill level. prior and in addition the the codes above.

Any suggestions? if it was the HPFP failing wouldnt I have issues with more than 1 cylinder?
I assume you tried swapping the coils before going straight to injector? Yes I have had the fuel pump failure but was not just one cylinder if I recall. The car ran incredibly rough. Again I assume you tried that first. I'm pretty sure bmw recommends new ring if you pull out injector but it might be fine. If you think injector is bad try some diagnostic with obd scanner first if you already tried coils.
Appreciate 0