View Single Post
      09-13-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
dmotraz
Rep
Drives: brown 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
Lone Yellow Exclamation Point Center Screen

So something interesting happened today, I had to hit my brakes a tad bit hard on the highway and a large yellow exclamation point appeared in the dash (nothing around it, no gear, no triangle, just a lone giant yellow exclamation point). After letting my car cool down for a few hours it has not gone away, it appears every time I insert the key into the ignition. Once I start the engine up no problems, car is running fine but it still has the fault indicator next to the odometer. When I go to the check portion of the cluster list and click in on the stalk it doesn't give me any information other than the giant yellow exclamation point front and center. Any ideas?

(checked the manual, I believe it may be something wrong with the door latch sensor, but in their infinite wisdom BMW saw fit to put their warning symbols in B/W and not color. In the manual it says a lone exclamation point is door open ignition on, I've never had that symbol pop up ever in that situation, and this symbol appeared after hard braking at highway speeds.)
Appreciate 0