08-26-2015, 10:37 PM   #48
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
This is exactly why I'm very selective with run groups and track days... mixing experienced people with inexperienced folks is a recipe for disaster. Mixing skill levels is a bad idea IMO. Bad.

Experienced guy is thinking... "I have room to pass, he's far right, there's no way he'll move over" ... WRONG.

Inexperienced guy is thinking... "holy shit, holy shit, holy shit... off my line... moving over... it must be safe" ... WRONG.
I agree.
I ride a motorcycle. Everyone is an idiot in my book. That's how I stay alive.

Anyway. The guy in front didn't drive ANY line in that corner.
The guy behind probably shouldn't have passed, but I would venture that at some point the guy in front would have hit someone else.

He had just been passed by two other faster cars. Not looking in the rearview to see if something is there before you drift all over the track is a bonehead move.

Rearview mirrors work on the track too.
The guy in the rear is approaching a slower car and trying to pass on the inside.
Dumb. Dumb Dumb. Definitely not enough room to pass if the other guy doesn't hold a line. Assume he won't.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex Square SM10-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\xHP Flash\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0