Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1spirit View Post
That is cool to know!

I like how you observed till the end
I felt out of place with the 135i...seemed almost everyone brought a purpose build drift car out there. There were many Nissan 200/240SX's - those drift so easily and naturally.
I had a 1991 S13 model 240sx swapped with the SR20DET turbocharged engine from Japan. It's small by today's standards and 300hp in a 2700lb car is fast by most standards. In stock form with the US engine, it is not a great car. But with relatively little modifications and upgrades, it becomes a weapon on track.

It is by far the most popular platform to modify in Japan so there is a huge following and aftermarket support for it. When production ended in 2002 with the S15 model (never sold in the USA), it was huge blow to the Japanese enthusiast community.

I dumped a good $30k in restoration and modifications to my 240sx. It was in mint condition when I sold it. It's the one car I really regret letting go. I just didn't have the time and space for a project car anymore. Maybe when the S15 becomes legal to own 10 years from now, I'll revisit the dream of owning one of Japan's iconic tuner cars.