View Single Post
      11-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #15
vMPM
Private
Rep
Drives: E87 130i M Sport

Since my last update I have registered the car in Victoria and put my personalised plates on, I have also removed the workshop sticker and the white P plate suction cups so the rear of the car now looks a lot cleaner in my eyes.

On Saturday I did my first track day in the 130i. I brought a friend along (the owner of the RX8 - his first ever track day) to Circuit Club at Winton.

I drove the car to Winton, did 45 laps and then drove it home, clocking up a total of 600km on the day and the car was faultless. It was cool to drive up in absolute comfort and serenity and then surprise people with how well it did on track.

The car was super impressive and performed much better than I was expecting. My best time of the day was a 1:46.1 which I was rapt with considering the car was absolutely stock other than the tyres (which are skinny budget UHP tyres). The tyres were also impressive. Although they are very noisy (and it is a very ugly noise), the grip level was high and at no point throughout the day were they the limiting factor.

The plan from here is to service the car and replace a few little things (one of my angel eyes has died) before I start modding. I want to mod this car slowly as I think its great as it is. With that said, the first mod will be an exhaust as I want to enjoy the glorious sound of a BMW i6 and it was really hard to drive on track without being able to hear the car lol. I also wore through a decent amount of my brake pads on the day. I figure that instead of replacing the pads on the OEM brake setup I may as well buy the BMWP 135/335i brakes now, so if anybody knows someone selling, or where to buy them from, let me know. Within a year or so, with some mods and some more seat time for me, I should be doing properly quick times in this car - I'm aiming for low 1:40s.

Here is some footage of my quickest lap on the day and a few photos:

Appreciate 1