06-15-2020, 02:19 PM   #15
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
I didn't want to wait so I came up with my own plan. They are a work in progress, I need to make ramps still. But I'm happy so far. I suppose I have about $50 into building them, plus my time.
I have it set up where I add a 4x4 or subtract a 4x4 to raise or lower the car. My jack can fit a max of 4 of them, which is able to get the car about 24" off the ground at the rocker.
LOL, yeah why not. Cheap, small(er), etc. Just have to be sure (this is anyone who tries to DIY, looks like you've clearly got it covered) that one doesn't totally wing it before they slide under a car made from their own supports, they need to understand some things like what direction wood is strong, use of plywood, wheel chocks, tie pieces or cross bracing to keep it from tipping over, etc.

I have these, also cheap, especially if you get their coupons: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Drive up for front off the ground, then use jack stands can hold up the rear. Or get 2 pairs of these for not very much $ and even though you can't drive the rear up exactly you can still place them under the tires to hold the car up and level and quite securely. No concern about wrenching so hard you push something off of a stand. And they nest really nicely as well.
Appreciate 0