View Single Post
      12-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #17
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
I'm all for a fair comparison to help all users, but you're comparing a one year old version of the Lux's - the V3's - to these new Dtecs? How is that an apples to apples comparison?

And you don't disclose that in your post either, which is a bit misleading, as one would presume you're comparing two current competing products.

The V4's have two LED's per side, as can be seen from this pic, so these new Dtecs do NOT have double the LED's as a current LUX:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Just to be fair, this is not a very accurate comparisons. The lux h8 v3 are our older version and were developed back in 2011, versus the brand new lights you have there. If you want a lux h8v4 to compare with is be more than happy to get you one. Technology that's almost 3 years old will of course be inferior to newer things, that's obvious.

Most of the lux h8 v3's and all the v4's also come in a professional box as well. the lights you purchased from us were one of the original ones before the boxes. As well we never were never in an envelope as you described. They have always been securely sealed in a cardboard box

Please let me know if you want to do a comparison.
Since they are older LUX I compared an older Dtec (V7 vs V8). If I compared the new Dtec with adjustable temperature I expected replies like this complaining its not apples to apples.

I didnt even get into the LUX solder points or the fact that their wires arent shrink wrapped. Look at the pics and tell me one doesnt look to be constructed more professionally.

Plus none of that changes the fact that I received terrible service from them. Does it change that they offered me something and refused to deliver when they were supposed to? Does it change that they expected me to sell my old lights to purchase the new V4s? Does it change that they basically blew me off until they realized this was going to happen? How is it that after their competitor contacted me they started contacting me to correct the situation? Didnt seem to care when they thought I was just some customer that was gonna go away. The arrogant attitude didnt disappear until the shadow of this thread began to loom.

You are correct they werent initially sent in an envelope. That is my mistake and I retract my statement about the envelope. I apologize for that erroneous statement and I will correct my initial posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
By the way, I don't understand why you would buy the V7's, when there are V8's out there, which presumably are a more direct comparison of the V4's? They are adjustable colour like the LUX's. But they're $210, so pretty much the same price as the LUX's.
If I had compared the V8 Id get even more of the unfair comparison BS.

LUX didnt offer me a pair of V4s for comparison purposes. I dont expect them too since they insisted that replacing my lights was going to be a loss for them. If they couldnt replace lights I had PAID for then how could I expect them to provide me with lights to do a comparison??

Last edited by Papethova; 12-19-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0