View Single Post
      06-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #205
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Man... Went out to run Streets of Willow yesterday with Team Topak, and didn't realize Round 2 of Global Time Attack Pro-Am was going on next door at Big Willow. So, I registered for both and played double duty.

Car wasn't too happy, engine / IAT's were through the roof, even with the VRSF 7.5" race core. Time for better ducting and flow to the cooler, and ventilation and better cooling for the engine.

CSF radiator and my custom twin Setrab oil cooler setup worked well. Despite the 107* ambient temps, coolant never went beyond 223* and oil never went past 260*.

First time at streets since it was repaved, haven't been there in 2 years. First time driving the 1 there as well, obviously, and in my total 8 laps there over the day, I put down a best of 1:26.3

Better news, though! I ended up coming away with 1st place in Street RWD class and 1st overall in Street class (rwd, fwd, awd) in GTA on Big Willow! Best time was a 1:34.4. I couldn't improve on my last time, 1:34 flat, but that was done in 75* weather, albiet, on way worse tires. Convinced that in cooler weather on these new BFG Rival S, the car has a 1:30 in it if I sack up a bit more for Turn 1, Turn 2 and 8&9.

Had a friendly battle with spxxx too, who came in just behind with a solid 2nd place finish. Where else can you find 2 135's on the podium? Pretty rad.

Good seeing you out there! Wish our cars were functioning better, I think we can both get real close to 1:30 with more than a single hot lap. We need to figure out what's going on with the power reduction. My IATs, oil, water were all looking good. I suspect we both have the same problem and maybe it's related to ambient temp?

Pretty annoying only being able to put down 1-2 hot laps before the power reduction kicks in.

Anyhow congrats dude! You were flyin.