First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bung206 View Post
My car has now done approx 56,000 miles. I’ve owned since about 30,000 miles.

I have noticed the following weirdness with the box:

- When I slow and come to an almost complete stop, my car almost dies (the revs dip to almost zero). Often times it will recover. It’s worse when the engine cold. Ambient temp doesn’t seem to impact it. Largely goes away once warmed up. Other times it will stall, and gearbox goes to neutral. Once you restart the car it’s fine.

- Very very rarely, switching from P to R and then to D, I will get a flashing “N” on the dash. Car refuses to switch gears until I shut down, remove key and re-start. This has happened less than 5 times in the time I’ve owned the car.

There are no fault codes stored. My experience with the car has been mostly positive except for two instances - one where my serpentine belt disintegrated without any warning, another issue being my charge pipe exploded when doing launch control, lost the metal clip that holds it on and I couldn’t find a replacement one easily. In the end I got bent over for several hundred bucks for a piece of metal piping and a couple of o-rings.
Is your AC on with the first one? AC being on causes that to happen for a lot of DCTs.

Can't speak for your other situations.

Recently, my car had an issue where I literally had the pedal down past the kick down switch and it just... didn't do anything for about 2-3 seconds. Eventually, it finally got into 1st. Was pretty annoying as I was turning right and cars were coming quickly.
Appreciate 0