09-17-2018, 09:41 AM   #31
Tommm
Driven Crazy
United_States
Rep
Drives: his wife nuts 128i 6m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
I ordered four Scottozero 3s for either the 323Ci or the 128i from tire rack. $56 each after the rebate instead of $165 each. Production is 2015 and they were on closeout.

If I paid full price and got 3 year old rubber for a winter tire that is going on one of my summer cars I would be ticked. But, at $56 each I am psyched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain slowly View Post
its all perspective. I did pay full pop AND got 3 year old tires. Pissed is an understatement.
Well my perspective just changed. To say I am not thrilled is an understatement too.
I ordered the tires two weeks ago. Called last week and was told they would be in the Denver warehouse before today. Called today and was told the 21st. Then the salesman called. Nice guy, and up front too. Said Pirelli was fulfilling the order, but there is a set in MN they can ship to my house. They wont ship the MN set to the warehouse I drive past to and from work.

He acknowledged that Pirelli may cancel the set on order for me, and if the set in MN is gone I am shyt out of luck.

So for $40 more than I planned on spending for a car that may not see snow (and I went out and bought a set of rims just for these tires), I will get the winter tires. If they weren't going to come through with the tires I could pick up, why did they offer it? I thought he would split the shipping with me. When I ordered a set of tires from Discount, and then couldn't use them because the motor blew on the car, Discount paid the return shipping. There are five cars in my household. Four use winter and summer tires, one uses summer and R Comps. That $40 will sway future purchases.

For $40 I will think hard before I hit order from Tire Rack again - on principal. Too bad there won't be a rep I can speak to when I am coaching at Street Survival in a few weeks. I know I wont push Tire Rack like I have at the other Street Survivals I volunteered to coach at. I may just wear a yellow shirt without their name embroidered on it.

Last edited by Tommm; 09-17-2018 at 09:54 AM..
Appreciate 0