03-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #10
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soterios View Post
Very interested in your dyno graph after the updates. I swore I'd never tap into this, but after seeing how sad the stock turbo is, this project has me very curious.
Working out a shop to do before and after right now, so hopefully I'll have some good data for you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
I'm always surprised how often stage 1 gets bad mouthed in deference to stage 2. Stage 1 seems like exactly what the majority people would want. 900$ for 50whp and the ability to make power to redline, which is the worst part about these cars (lack of high end power).

I'll be going stage 1 whenever we get more e85 stations in Los Angeles. I have no interest in trying to make 500whp. To me, a small, nimble, 400whp reliable car that pulls to redline and still has a nice interior is pretty close to the perfect car.
100% agree, everywhere I post about this people always say, "why not stage 2?". Stage 1 makes perfect sense for my purposes, and if they change down the road I could easily swap my Stage 1 with someone and upgrade with a very small hit in cost. I see the used Stage 1 turbos sell around $600-700 used which is great.