Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6 and 1 series

Garage List
2013 X6  [0.00]
2011 BMW 135i M Spo ...  [0.00]
engine DCT coordination

I'm almost at 100k miles and most of it is from me with a lot of logs and notes.

I am also running with PPK software and JB4 often between maps 7 or 1/2 to avoid huge MPG dips,

The ECU on the DCT has certain expectations of how the engine revs and decelerates. When my intake tract is gummed up and needing a walnut blasting, the behavior is off. it feels like the engine and DCT are over compensating sometimes at odds.

When the pulleys and tensioner and alternator over running pulley is getting worn and it starts to impede the ability of the engine to decelerate, it feels off.

If you are having surging or stalling issues, make sure you have walnut blasted every 30k miles. I've done it twice and the last one was way over due and a horrifying mess in there.

When the ignition, valvetronic lift, intake ports are clean and the crank isn't getting held up accelerating or decelerating by the bits on the serpentine belt path they run great, but the slight wear really adds up and non ideal behaviors creep in.

Ignition coils and plugs can also create slight hiccups and surging

Maintenance and repairs on these things seem one in the same.

Once all the belt/tensioner - VVT/L - ignition - fuel issues are 100%, the fluid level and filter and fluid changes on the DCT are effective in ensuirng the fluid has the volume to create the pressure to activate the clutches appropriately.