View Single Post
      06-29-2015, 11:25 AM   #31
dbchun
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
OR if for whatever (IMO FOOLISH!) reason you really don't want a JB4 and you are hell-bent on flash only tune, this will let you flash a tune made by Wedge to your car. So for those of you without the Jb4 the MHD will flash a Cobb style tune but WAY better. More power and $400 or so cheaper than the Cobb.
i'll have to read up more on this JB4+flash combo as you sound very enthusiastic about it. going with MHD first was a no brainer given the cost, JB4 significantly raises the total investment so curious to know what else it brings to the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
why is mhd cheaper and superior to bb? bb is a free app and free flashes. only expense is the bt cable which comes in handy with other things. are the mhd flashes free? they both so the same thing otherwise right? specially when paired with jb4.
i wouldn't go as far as to say one is better than the other, cost-wise they seem similar as BT cables cost more initially while the flashes are free vs. MHD which uses a cheaper cable but needs more add-on purchases to get equivalent capabilities

perhaps once someone can get a true dyno comparison done ppl can start debating if one map is better than another

one confounding factor is that everyones car seems to be setup so differently. and in particular, the members to jump on these new offerings seem to already be running JB4, E85, or upgraded turbos, which makes it harder to evaluate all the options for someone stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocHermit(2) View Post
Is BB and MHD names of products or names of businesses? The only mod I have is PPK1 and, at this time still under warranty, do not want to fool with any wiring installs.
all names of software products, no wiring installs like JB4. i no longer have warranty so i was less worried about detectability but i believe the option to flash back to stock ECU exists for both options