06-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #34
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
the jb4 stacked with either back-end is awesome. the jb4 brings loads of extras with it and the back-end transfers over a lot if the control back to the computer. but you still get to use all the map switching and can easily bring the power up as you get supporting mods. keeping the jb4 was really important to me since I use the app and have the meth integration. now everything is upgradable right from your phone as well. which is also free. can't say enough good things about jb4. and the bms back-end flashes get updates for free. I think stacking is the way to go unless your someone that can make your own flashes. that's way above my pay grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNkY6913 View Post
why is mhd cheaper and superior to bb? bb is a free app and free flashes. only expense is the bt cable which comes in handy with other things. are the mhd flashes free? they both so the same thing otherwise right? specially when paired with jb4.
Well yes BB is free, but the cable is $180 or so. The JB4 backend flashes are free, then you need to buy the flasher module which is I believe $80. So for just backend flashing you need a cheap cable + 80. Its not a ton cheaper I guess. I just feel like BB is the older software, and it definitely takes a lot longer to backup the original. The backup takes under 10 seconds with MHD. MHD has that upgraded race logic as well. BB isn't a bad piece of software or anything, I just can't see someone with no cable bothering with it at this point.
Appreciate 0