View Single Post
      10-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

[updated] FYI Mounting Pilot Super Sport 265/295 f/r. Pics inside.

Well hello,

Just thought I would inform you of my recent change of tires.
Mounted Pilot Super Sport 265/30 19 front and 295/30 19 in the rear. Stock rims. Custom made spacers all around, think we landed at 5mm each.

The grip is simply unbelievable. My car carries around 420hp, and from first gear all the way through the gears it sticks to the tarmac (when tires are warmed up).

There are slight rubbing inside the wheelhouses. However, in the front it rubs on 3/4 turn, which is only performed when parking (slow speeds) therefore not an issue. Also, the rubbing is hardly noticeble.

In the rear, it rubs quite clearly when rolling over bigger bumps at "city speed", smaller bumps are not an issue. However, when driving on proper roads there is no rubbing at all. Yet to try them on track, but shouldn't rub.

The looks are just perfect. The strange VW beetle-style tilt for the sidewalls are gone. Now the sidewalls lines up perfect (race look).

ABS Wheels in Stockholm performed the switching of tires and fabrication of spacers, they have actually also painted my wheels BSM. These guys knows what they are doing, and provide a lot of BMW spec wheels at great prices. I can really recommend paying their website a visit, or having a chat with them if you are considering a change of wheels/tires, regardless where you are from. (They have figured out a way of fitting a single wheel to several different bolt patterns, why the cost of it all gets lowered a shit load)

www.abswheels.se

Questions? Hit me.

Update!

I got rid of the spacers in the rear, after having the car full of friends. You see with some weight on the rear, the tires started catching the fender on the outside quite badly on bigger bumps. The theory is that this will be gone now. However, will have to wait and see. Front is still no issue.

update #2

no rubbing at all, only on way to big bumps for driving quick over anyway.
Drove: 2014 M5 Competition Package, 2012 1M, 2010 GT-R

Last edited by Underwood; 10-12-2013 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: Update!
Appreciate 0