whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestNorth View Post
Hey guys,
I got my car last night. I will post pics later. The ship arrived in Friday, May 9th, and I got my car last night, May 14. So that was 5 days only. Pretty good. The car is beautiful. I had people checking it out as I was driving up 59 the whole way home. I love that I can just tap the accelerator and fly by any car driving.
My dealer told me Break in is 500miles not to exceed 5500rpm. And first oil change is 15000miles. I want to know if that is what others are hearing also.
Congratulations!!

Your dealer is definitely giving you different break-in information than most people got!? When I picked mine up at the Performance Center, they were very explicit about a 1200 mile break-in, not to exceed 4500 RPM or 110 MPH, not to use the cruise control during that time and try to vary the engine speed as much as possible during break-in.

The 15000 mile oil change is your first free 'scheduled' oil change but I went ahead and had mine done at 1200 miles. I think I'll probably do it every 7500 or so...15000 just seems to too long an interval, even for synthetic oil.

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0