View Single Post
      11-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #478
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooch View Post
I was ready to walk away with rick's departure and the general downturn of the series. but in the 3 episode previews I heard some of the walkers say "where are they" and one of the characters mentioned the dead are evolving. I'm intrigued to continue a bit more this year.
I picked up on that also. I also noticed roller marks last time I watched the paint dry in my living room, the difference is that watching the paint dry was more entertaining and that it was actually a productive use of my time.

Are the zombies evolving to the point to where they can communicate in order to talk as they continue to slowly creep along not so menacingly? Sleestaks on Land of the Lost posed more of threat to humanity than these "zombies." It's funny at how the show was about a zombie apocalypse but the zombies are nothing more than your basic no name henchmen that you find in video games like zelda that are nothing more than a nuisance. They don't brandish weapons, the don't run, they pose no real threat other than potentially biting someone in the event that they are stupid or slow....or in this case being directed by the talentless people writing this show.

Again just another reason to not watch. They are having to redesign the entire show just to stay relevant keep a marginal viewing audience. Fact is that their ratings have dropped significantly in the past two years. Rather then call it quits and appreciate what they had, they will continue to run this shit into the ground until there is nothing left. They took Ricks character out of the show in order to spawn new movies about his story during the time leap to branch out. They've created a time leap in order to have new things to write about. The mentality being displayed here is comparable to what a failing business does in order to stay relative in the market place. It's like playing on the play ground when you're a child and there's the one kid that keeps changing the rules of the game in order make the entire thing beneficial to him. As long as they can continue to keep people watching this train-wreck, they'll continue to write these terrible cliff-hangers devoid of rationality and reinventing their own wheel over and over to perpetuate their cash flow.

I personally enjoy watching movies or television series based off content, story, character development, etc. not to watch an hour long cliff-hanger. I have watched mindless 15 minute cartoons that have more substance, better writing and plot that this garbage. It's honestly like watching South Park make fun of JRR Martin, "Oh yeah, we'll do this and everyone will watch again!" "We'll make the zombies talk and tell everyone they are evolving! Plus we'll do it on the highest rated episode since season 1 only because we are getting all the "Ricks last episode" people to watch." I'll not wait to drink the Kool-Aid in hopes of it quenching my thirst next week only to find next weeks Kool-Aid tastes just as shitty if not worse than the week before.
Appreciate 0