Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 135i M Sport 6MT, 15 X3 35i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumb View Post
Nice work! Glad to see some coding make it into this forum. I wonder if it's possible to change the brake fluid interval for those of us running race spec stuff.
Upon revisiting some older coding posts and looking again at the CBS reset prompts, running them through a translator... (See image below step 6, yellowish box). Prompts 1 through 3 are used in the above DIY, 4-10 are not, which retains the other information as was previously programmed.

Prompts 4 and 5 would allow you to customize the month/year of the oil service by adding these values (ie oel;XX;YY;MT;YR)

1: CBS_Kennung: CBS ID
2: CBS_verfuegbarkeit: CBS Availability
3: CBS_anzahl_service: CBS Number Service
4: CBS_ziel_monat: CBS Target Month
5: CBS_ziel_Jahr: CBS Target Year
6: RMM_CBS_Wert: RMM_CBS_Value (Not sure what RMM is)
7: ST_UN_CBS_RSTG: (not sure what these are abbreviating? Dackelone maybe you can help shed some light)
8: FRC_INTM_Way_CBS_Mess: FRC INTM WAY CBS Measuring (again, not sure whats being abbreviated)
9: FRC_INTM_T_CBS_Mess: FRC INTM T CBS Measuring (Same comment as 8)
10: Res_Byte: Reset Byte?

The trick for CBS brake fluid service would be determining the ID that the CBS uses for brake fluid, then using either a 3 prompt or 5 prompt string you could be able to reset it.

At the moment the following prompts I know to be confirmed for prompt 1 above, I'm making some assumptions on what the abbreviations translate to in German, having only a single letter to go off of:
OEL = Motor Oil (Motoroel)
BR_V = Brake Pad Sensors - Front (Bremse Vorderseite)
BR_H = Brake Pad Sensors - Rear (Bremse Hinten)

Last edited by 6MT_Addict; 10-09-2016 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
ShocknAwe3232.50