View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 08:53 PM   #7
-nexus-
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
If the AC drain vent is working and the weather is warm, you know the drain is working because of the puddle your car leaves when parked.

My windscreen (windshield) fogs up due to some sort of chemicals or something. It does it when the heater is on too. I have to wipe it down. I've never had a car do this as much as my bimmer. Seems to be mostly on the drivers side. I don't know if it is plastics off-gassing or what.
I've not noticed the puddle as much lately as temperatures have been cool and it's only early spring.

Your fogging issue is almost certainly vinyl fog, my car does it as well in the summer and I have to clean the windscreen a lot more frequently when outside temperatures are high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
FWIW I think this is the right track. Air is there, blowing, but more not dehumidified on one side. No idea unfortunately how it works.
I agree, unfortunately no idea how it works either. I doubt there are separate de-humidification circuits for each zone (correct me if I'm wrong!) so I'm leaning towards perhaps some moisture or pooling of water somewhere on the driver's side of the system.
Appreciate 0