View Single Post
      07-19-2018, 11:44 PM   #1
Thunderguts
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Sport MT

CDV delete the easy way!

I've only had my 128i for a week and in that week, I've only driven it 4 days. That was long enough for me to hate that loathsome CDV. I read a few DIY posts and figured I would scrape a few knuckles as I tried to break the hose connections on the valve. When my new valve arrived I was surprised to see that it has quick release connectors instead of bolts. Piece of cake!

One post showed the hose being clamped. DON'T DO THAT! It looks just like a brake line to me which means it has stainless reinforcements inside. Once pinched, they are forever compromised. I came up with an easier solution. On the exit side of the valve I plugged it with a foam earplug. That way I could remove the old valve, plug it with my finger, and install the new valve onto the hose with barely any drops leaking. That gave me plenty of time to then work on the other side of the valve. Once that was off, I pulled out the earplug and jammed it into the other side of the fitting. With a snap it was done! I suspect I lost around 1cc of fluid and I didn't damage my hose.

[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 1