VA08
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i 6MT MSport Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA08 View Post
Thanks for following up with the link, I appreciate you remembering this thread. I still haven't done the shifter refresh, but after a lot of reflection, I'm leaning towards skipping the AKG selector rod (or any dssr for that matter).

After living with it for a while, do you think it's a must?

I did get a set of delrin shifter arm bushings like the ones you installed, and I'm refreshing every single bushing, bearing, link and clip in the shifter assembly, so it'll feel like new or better even without the dssr.
I would suggest that since you are taking it all apart anyway, consider the DSSR because it will help take away whatever remaining slop is built into the system. I know it seems like a lot to pay for a piece of aluminum, but you're doing most of the work taking it all apart so the labour is already accounted for.

IMO, I did notice a very nice improvement in overall feel and reduction in slop.
I'm definitely gonna take your suggestion seriously and re-consider going with it.

Did you have to file down the plastic bit protruding from the gearshift rod joint to make it fit though?

That's another thing that made me hesitant to get it, not sure how that would go.

Thanks again for sharing your insight on this
Appreciate 0