07-18-2018, 03:09 AM   #19
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by caustics View Post
What roads did you guys already drive in Austria? The curves! magazine I have here goes straight through Austria, with a small detour through Slovenia and ends in Triest in Italy... maybe that's interesting aswell.

The route starts in the west with the Hahntennjoch and Silvretta-Hochalpen-Straße and then works its way through the east via Timmelsjoch, Jaufenpass, Gerlospass, Großglockner and ends with Nockalmstraße, Turracher Höhe, Wurzenpass, and in Slovenia with Vrsic-Pass and Mangart-Sattel.
Yep, we've driven most all of those except for the last few.

Nockalmstraße, Turracher Höhe, Wurzenpass,

and in Slovenia with Vrsic-Pass and Mangart-Sattel.

Some of our gang drove into Slovenia this year. I did not partake in that drive. There were some dirt gravel roads in some sections. But most of those guys loved Slovenia.

I really liked driving Hahntennjoch, Timmelsjoch, Jaufenpass, Gerlospass, Großglockner. Although each year Großglockner's toll fee gets higher and higher. (34 euros each way, I think. ?) We also drove thru Kitzbuhel and on the Felber Tauern Pass to get to Großglockner. Felber Tauern Pass is more of a curvy highway than a mountain pass. But it does have it's tight sections. I think Timmelsjoch is my favorite.

Quote:
I haven't driven any of that yet, so can't comment on the quality of the ride.

These are the last ideas I can contribute (and they're not even mine, just quoting curves!). I'm open for everything, as long as we have fun.

Thanks for the added ideas.

How did your drive go this past weekend ?

Dackel
Appreciate 0