03-14-2017, 10:27 AM   #28
etr2016
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom View Post
Yeah, that 's a lowball offer on a non accident car for sure, but for potential buyer( U.S and across the country).. low miles are hardly everything. It's an accident car though, and those need to be over vetted to ensure they are ok. Thats energy and risk costs. From a potential buyers mind.. why have an accident claim for only 700.00? Wouldn't you just pay that out of pocket and avoid the ding on the resale? I mean, a deductible is usually way more than that. That begs me to think the accident was worse than reported and they guy paid cash and paid the residual 700.00 to ease the appearance. Total speculation on my part though. I would not be insulted by low offers. Not everyone wants to assume the risk and that's ok. No matter how slight the damage..I'm knocking off at least 10k from peak market price of any offer I would submit too. Damaged goods.
I had a door ding taken out of my VW a month ago and the guy had just finished doing a Bentley where the owner opted to pay $14k (!) in dent removals himself as opposed to submitting it through his insurance....

A $700 claim is also suspicious to me since most deductibles are $500. It's kind of like how dealers are not obligated to tell you if a new car has had more than $500 in repairs, but they'll repaint half a car for $499 somehow. I've seen this car listed several times which also makes me think something is up with it.
2022 - Lexus ES350 - Black
Appreciate 0