Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Things I did differently or screwed up:
1. Must put those top coolant lines in before installing the turbos. I had a hell of a time getting them secured and the screws in. But it is doable.
Also take upper coolant lines off turbo first and leave in the block when disassembling
2. I hate V band clamps. Especially the little ones for the outlets. Leave all the outlet connections loose then tighten after they are all in.
3. Don't believe everything you read. I followed a pretty thorough diy, which ended with the downpipes being re-installed. Then it said first bolt mount to block, then subframe to mounts, then subframe to chassis.
Not the correct order. I had to pull the downpipes back off to get the engine mount back on. Stupid mistake because you can see it. But I was following this thread.
3. Definitely do rear turbo first, the front has so much more access.
4. The coolant line bolts that are on the front of the subframe can easily be removed by pulling the fan. Either from a long extension from the top, or just by reaching in under the front.
The diys I read all said there was 3, but those were 335i's. My car only had 2.
5. Those fmic clips are crap i put some gasket seal in there, just around the upper part of the connection. So there is no way any gasket seal can get in the air flow.
I need to get a bigger IC and get rid of the oem connections.
Occ and pcv are new. I ordered a tune from motive. If they ever get back to me.
I'm praying for no oil leaks or coolant leaks. Tomorrow I start the car. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Appreciate 0