08-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #19
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayHack View Post
I just had the same problem about 2 weeks ago, and yes 99.9% sure you need a new valve cover gasket, and make sure to buy the original (OEM) from the dealership (about $70) because the aftermarket one i bough did not sit well and luckily i noticed that something was off before reassembling the whole thing back.

This is a whole day job kind of a thing, and it's not necessarily hard but if you're not used to getting your hands dirty, don"t do it !!!! (its helpful to have a a buddy to help you but it not necessary) Here is a DIY video that gives you a better idea (just a suggestion, make sure you have sockets that are flexible, because some of the bolts are hard to reach area and you will need multiple size extensions and swivel sockets).

Also there are few other gaskets you should change while you are doing this (I can supply you with the part numbers if you are going to do this project) Im here to help if you need anything

Thank you very much, any other things you recommend to do would be greatly appreciated. Im moving the car into storage this weekend, and then will start looking more into acquiring the parts
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0