View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 06:26 PM   #7
rich_mane
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Pilot bearing is easily pressed put of the n55 flywheel no issue there at all... the issue is the driveshaft is a different length. I've also read the shifter doesnt sit at the same position anymore but not sure on how true that is... the shifters are interchangeable between n54 and n55. My guess is that the selector rod is different on some cars like xi and it's not actually the shifter that's the issue.
The flywheel bit is true for sure, when I was doing my swap I only had an AT flywheel anyway so I just went for the one that matched the tranny I was buying at the time. OP could just reuse his and press the center out. I don't know for sure about the driveshaft in this situation though. I ended up just reusing my AT driveshaft and pulling it apart to get the length I needed. Still uses the entirety of the splines so no worries and no problems for me yet. Shifter fits perfectly in my car, I had to use an N54 shift bracket and i'm pretty sure an N54 selector rod as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68 View Post
Just saw this thank you. Still haven't fixed the trans yet. (just been dealing with not having a first gear) But I will also be picking up an 09 trans in the next couple of weeks. Did you ever complete the swap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy T8 View Post
Did you make any progress on this? I am running into the same situation. And would like to do n54 trans if possible
Yes I completed the swap just over a year ago and it's been running great ever since. Haven't had any problems with it.
Appreciate 0