View Single Post
      06-28-2019, 12:58 PM   #324
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-pierre View Post
She looks like a beast with the meaty fitment. Whats the weight difference between the VRSF and CSF intercooler, just received my CSF intercooler and find it heavy, curious to know how much more the VRSF is.
VRSF 7.5" race weighs about 37lbs...
CSF weighs about 27. Intercoolers are heavy business. Stock unit weighs only 7.5lbs which is incredible, but it is also majorly useless on track. Wish there was a lighter solution for sure. I'll get them both on a scale again when I take everything off next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Wow that looking amazing. I'm sold on the rear 1M conversion now.

When's your next track day? I need to get out there, it's been way too long.
Thanks Spencer! It was a ton of work, especially paired with the roof, headliner, all of it. But I can happily say after 5 months of balancing the build with work and dealing with all of it, that it was worth it. I'm in love with this thing now. It's way too nice for me and I have no idea what I was thinking, but I'm happy.

Going to spend the next month getting the car set up properly, making sure there are zero issues, probably get it tuned for e85 with low boost and low power, and enjoy some canyons and street miles over the summer before I ruin it on track. Probably won't be out to the track again till September the earliest. I hate summer track days.

Some pics from yesterday.

Appreciate 3