View Single Post
      08-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #327
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Getting there... Went down to European Auto Source (my other family) and installed my MCS 2way Remote setup with Eibach race springs. I know I've said it before, but seriously, Steve and Tom and the rest of the guys there are the best. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything handled on your car.

I decided to stay with a divorced rear spring for now and am using Ground Control rear weight jackers. These things are super rad. Height adjustment is now made via and long allen head. No need to disconnect anything in the rear, just jack up and rotate with a socket and ratchet with a long extension. Corner balancing time is cut down by a ton. The weight jackers articulate to keep the spring moving freely with the suspension. Also added M3/1M rear spring arms which are lighter, stronger and wider than stock. The coilovers are setup for true rear should I want to do that in the future.

Haven't driven much since the car isn't fully registered yet (stupid SMOG), but I did take an old freeway merge that I love (105W to 405N) at 100+ late at night and cannot believe how planted and glued this thing feels. Could also be that I've been driving a 4Runner for 6 months...

Car weight is 3170lbs with a little less than 3/4 tank of gas. Last weight with the sunroof, steel roof and OEM trunk was 3244lbs, so I shaved 75lbs since the 1M conversion, carbon roof and I'm guessing the MCS setup is a bit lighter than the KW clubsports.

***Sidenote -- I decided to create a new Instagram account for racing and car-build things, since I didn't want to floor my other account as it serves mostly as my portfolio. If you want to see other build updates or track vids, www.instagram.com/bernooo_1m

Here's where I mounted the reservoirs... Wasn't using the kidney ducts for the intake, so why not keep these cool.

Here is the curb weight:

And here is the perfect 50% cross weight after corner balancing with me in it.

Last edited by berns; 08-06-2019 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 4
1and11858.00
bbnks21206.50
dtla1827.50