Critical Mass
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
Personally, I wish I had left the original dashboard in my 09 135. I had mine successfully replaced a year ago just before BMW NA declared the passenger side airbag outline should be considered normal and would not warranty any more dash replacements. Once replaced; the dash looked perfect from every angle and under any type of light. I was pleased and thought this was the cosmetic fix. Over this past summer, the airbag outline appeared on my new replacement dash and this time appeared even worse than it did on the original dash. I have just accepted it and continue to love driving my 135. I have started using 303 Aerospace protectant and it has helped significantly diminish the appearance of the outline and I am more content with it now. I believe that BMW is correct in stating that the outline should be considered normal and based on my experience; do fear that it will only be a matter of time before it may reappear on the replacement dashboards. Just my 2 cents as someone else may have a different experience.
Appreciate 0