WeekendWarriorz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furqwan View Post
no worries I plan to keep this post updated with my progress but it's enjoyable to see others progress.

what are some "while your in there" things Todo while I get the turbos done. gonna save up Todo it right the first time.
The water pump is right behind/above the turbo-fold, so if you've never had the water pump changed, I'd consider it. Your shop might do it for a lot less since 80% of the labor is already done. I got lucky that the previous owner actually replaced the water pump in the last year or two already.

My shop also insisted on replacing the low-pressure fuel pump, as getting enough fuel to the motor is a common issue after upgrading the turbos, I guess/assume. He suggested replacing the fuel pressure sensor while in there as well, but I declined. I was back 2-3 weeks later to get it replaced...

And finally, my high pressure fuel pump went out a month or so later, as I mentioned above. (sorry if I'm repeating some things. It's been a month.)
The fuel pump (I forget which one) is already a sore spot on this platform, so try to address it on your own terms, versus after getting stuck on the side of the road.

I hope this goes without saying, but a fresh oil change too. It's the lifeblood of your turbos.
Your shops are just screwing you... my assumption is they loaded an MHD OTS map after installing your turbo or they haven't installed the turbo at all. They're people making 430whp + on PS2 with e30 on stock fuel system.
2021 M2 Competition DCT Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0