View Single Post
      05-27-2023, 12:12 PM   #198
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence90 View Post
My car is still on standard 330i tune but being a euro model it has only an IAT and no maf. So surely I could experiment with cutting my manifold on a stock tune? I definitely know I need a tune eventually but can't decide whether to go catless because of emission testing in UK.
I would not run it cut open without a tune. Even the n54im needs a lot of changes to run optimally, while still retaining the throttle body.

If you end up deciding to get a tune, the 22RPD Stage 1 is for stock exhaust manifolds, and the Stage 2 is for headers. However, there is only a $50 upgrade fee to go from 1 to 2, so you don't need to repurchase should you change your mind.

To answer your second question, there would not be a throttle body failsafe running velocity stacks in this manner. The only way to retain throttle bodies afaik is to run an adapter plate for S54 ITBS and then make them work with the stock DME or a standalone ECU.
22RPD Vendor - 2006 330i - N54 Intake Manifold l N54 Throttle Body l Gruppe-M Intake l MILVS l 22RPD E85 Tune l S65 Injectors l HZ Racing Headers l TCKLINE SA Coilovers l M3 Front Arms l VWETISH Diff Brace l 3,91 Differential
Appreciate 1