View Single Post
      10-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #80
jojo135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frustration View Post
nobody has had a 402 failure. (at least not in any of the 3 forums I hit)

I posted a poll a while back asking (as I was about to get a replacement on an 08 135) and nobody that's had the 402 has gone back for another and several have several thousand miles on them now. Three dealers here have put several in and none have come back...

And if you read through this post, the problem suggested at the start was another N54.... so far there is the suggestion of a single N55 failure on another forum... personally I look for better feedback than that before I stOiart chirping like a school girl.

Frankly, people with N54's should stay the f*** out of this thread and post problems in one of the bazillion n54 threads.

That's the only way to keep any relative track.
The fact remains that both n54 and n55 are running the same pump though. If I am not mistaken, the individual who posted this thread originally is n54 owner too.

Unless there were significant changes in the software and operation of the fuel system, the pumps still suck. I hope they figured out the problem just like you. I frankly like to hear NEW information from owners of both n54 and n55 to see if the have actually figured out the problems.

They need to check the low pressure pump when they replace the high pressure one as well as the flow, lines, etc. because the low pressure pump acts as the primer pump to the high pressure one. If the primer pump is not giving proper flow then the hpfp will overheat and bust seals causing failure. There is a reason for the failure.
Appreciate 0